Exeter Southernhay Child Contact Centre
"Staying in contact"
Welcome to the Exeter Southernhay Child Contact Centre
We offer a safe, friendly place for parents and children who live apart to spend time together.
The Southernhay Child Contact Centre is in the centre of Exeter very close to the Bus Station and bus stops in the High Street and a short walk from Exeter Central Station. It is a meeting place where children can enjoy the company of adults from whom they are separated.
What is it like?
We aim to create a warm, sociable atmosphere where your children can relax and enjoy themselves. Our Centre has a variety of games, toys and books for children of all ages.
- We offer a free service
- We open once a fortnight on a Saturday
- We do not provide supervised contact – but provide support and enable parents to use our services without having to meet each other – for more detailed information about different types of child contact centres see the link below to the NACCC
- We offer a maximum of 2 hours contact in the centre
- Or a handover service where, if agreed, children can be taken out of the centre by the non-resident parent for a maximum of 5 hours.
- As an impartial service run by volunteers we are unable to provide reports to the courts, social services or solicitors – apart from times/dates of attendance.
Over four thousand volunteers and staff work in these Centres throughout the UK, and over twenty thousand children use them each year. The Centres are overseen by the National Association of Child Contact Centres (NACCC).
Explore our website
‘Seeing my children would not otherwise be possible; you make such a huge impact on our lives and the children love it! It’s been great seeing my four children on a regular basis in a warm & friendly environment.’ (from a non-resident parent using Southernhay Child Contact Centre)